We are proud to promote the creative arts at Pilton Infants' School:
- We have a dedicated music teacher who runs a choir and music clubs as well as taking Year 2s to community arts events throughout the year.
- Every Autumn term, we hold an Arts week. The results of this go on display along our main corridor. We teach children about famous artists and illustrators, as well as artistic skills and processes.
- Throughout the year, we promote a range of media, including junk modelling, clay work, drawing, painting and collage.
- The children all take part in performances. This is in the form of a Nativity in Reception and a seasonal show in Years 1 and 2. At the end of Year 2, the children perform dances, songs, poems and sketches to celebrate their time at Pilton Infants' before moving on to the junior school.
- We have visitors in school to run drama days and to create collaborative art work to decorate the school. The Year 2 children contribute to a mural each year during SATs week. These can be seen on the top playground.
Below are some examples of the children enjoying their learning:
In Arts week, we linked our art work to our topic about China. We learned lots of different techniques and skills as well as producing some traditional Chinese images. The results are displayed along our main corridor and are below:
To celebrate China Day, we had a dance teacher come to school and work with all of the children. She taught the children about traditional dances. The children especially enjoyed the lion and dragon dancing!
We enjoyed a visit from David Heathfield, a storyteller who travels all over the world sharing stories from different cultures. He shared the story of the Chinese zodiac then worked with the children on a tale where the shared their own endings with the rest of the class.
The theatre group Entertainingly Different came in to celebrate Pirate Day with us. The children enjoyed a show and then took part in dance, drama and music workshops throughout the day.